It took a while - but I've got it done! This is the tutorial for the "A4" swing card shown above.
1. I started with an A4 piece of card and cut 1cm off the short side to make it 20cm high and ,measured in from the sides to the points indicated. The dashed lines are score lines.
2. I used the Tonic Studios Boudoir Square die set for the centre part.
3. Tape the inner die in the centre of the card using the guides marked on the top photo.
4. Die cut the entire inner die.
5. Now remove the inner die and tape the outer die directly on top.
6. Transfer the centre score line guides to the back of the card.
7. Lay the card with the die facing upwards on your cutting machine and then lay the cutting plate just up to the guideline on the back of the card.
Turn the card round and cut the opposite side - leaving the centre part intact.
8. This will give you the shape above.
9. Now fold the other marked lines into a valley fold to get the shape above.
You are now ready to decorate in whatever way you like.
I used 260gsm smooth white card from Papermill, First Editions Floral Pavillion 8x8 paper pad, Frond Finesse swirls, Someone Special and Heart Base die, Rose Punch and Stamp set and Floral border punch.
Here's a photo of the card when it's closed, measuring 18cm x 20cm so it fits neatly inside an 8x8 envelope.