Friday 2 August 2013

Green pearlised card offer at Papermill - and flower tutorial


Today's card showcases this week's offer from Papermill Direct  - green pearlised card. I hope you can see the beautiful sheen off it in the photo. The card is 285gsm and you can buy 50 A4 sheets for £4.00. You can see the offer details HERE.
The other card from Papermill is white felt embossed, kraft and bright red.
I've used the new Tonic Studios Celtic Knot border punch along the edges of the white card and the flower are made with the Tonic Studios Clematis, Lily and Poinsettia Punch and Stamp set.
I've had quite a few emails asking about these sets...sometimes I show flowers made from them which bear no resemblance whatsoever to the named flowers on the boxes. Well, that's actually the idea behind the sets - the flowers on the boxes are only the starting point. Just twist, fold, colour and use your imagination and you never know what flower you'll have at the end :)

Anyhow, with that in mind, I've taken photos of the steps in making the flowers on this card..

This is the set I used.



1. Punch out 12 petals (the longer ones from the set ), 1 sepal and 1 stamen


2. Ink the outer edges of the petals.


 3. Fold the petals in half with the inked part to the outside..it helps to use a pokey too to fold over.



 4. The inked and folded petals should look like this.


 5. I usually put some of the glue onto a piece of card so I can dip the ends of the petals into it.


6. Slightly flatten the inner point of the petal and dip into the glue before sticking to the longer parts of the punched sepal.

 7. Glue the first 6 petals onto the sepal like the photo above, keeping the outer tips folded and pointed.


 8. Add the next 6 petals to the stamen between the first 6  - with the inner points meeting in the centre.


9. I added a punched sepal and a gem to the centre. I have added a few leaves punched from the pearlised card with the edges also inked in darker blue.




11 comments:

  1. so stunning ruth.gorgeous colours and your flowers are fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial again ruth. your card is lovely and the flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Ruth, love the flowers, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to use the petals in a different way. Sometimes we all get product blindness and need a prod to get the cells working. Thank you. I love tonic stuff and promote it regularly in my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Ruth love the flowers. Thank you so much for the tutorial will have a go and see what I come up with. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a beautiful card, but what would be the best way to mail it without crushing the flowers? A box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a box would be best. Thanks,

      Delete
    2. I know its 3 years later, but maybe wrap with bubble-wrap then mail in bubble-wraped envelope. I think this could work as well, if you just want to send card.

      Delete
  7. Very stunning! Thanks for sharing your awesome tutorial I'm going to see if I get mine to turn out as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. naturally like your web site however you have to take a look at the spelling
    on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems
    and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I'll definitely come again again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth