It's my turn again to do a tutorial for Papermill and I'm doing "floral" again but this time I'm using some gorgeous new music themed paper (from Crafty Devils) and ribbon (from ribbonbox.co.uk)to complement the flowers.
Here's what you need to make this one..
2 pieces of white felt embossed card (Papermill)
1 piece of black card (Papermill)
1 piece of Ivory linen card (Papermill)
I piece of music patterned paper (Papermania, Bookprint)
Buttercup and Gold Promarkers
Deep pink/raspberry ink
How to make it..
1. Score and fold one sheet of white card in half to make a card blank. Matt a piece of music paper onto black card and attach to the card front.
2. Print "Just a note" onto white card leaving enough room all around to cut out with the Peony die.
3. Die cut and emboss. You'll only need the centre part but you can keep the white frame to use on another project.
4. Cut and emboss another Peony window from black card - this time it's the "frame" part you'll be using.
5. Attach these parts to the card as shown.
To make the flowers ( make 4 of these)
6. You'll need all 4 punches and the stamps from the Punch and Stamp set for the next part..
7. Punch out 3 large petals, 3 leaf shapes, 1 sepal and 1 stamen - all from ivory card.
8. Using the stamps in the set, stamp the shapes as shown.
9. Dab the edges with the ink pad or a finger dabber.
10. They should then look like this.
11. Add a little detail with the Buttercup and Gold Promarkers.
12. Now turn the petals over and curl them with the back of an embossing tool.
13. Cup the sepal with an embossing tool.
14. Dip the petals in glue and add to the sepal.
15. The finished flower. (Make another 3).
16. Punch 7 sepal shapes (oops, I've only photographed 6!)
Ink and colour them - then cup them with the embossing tool.
17. Attach to the card as shown.
Tie a bow in the ribbon and twist the ends as you glue it to the card.
That's it for today :)