When is a window not a window?....when you use the window die to make a door ;)
Another little idea today for using the new Domed Window die from my new die and stamp release by Tonic Studios...I've simply used the "waste" from a couple of diecut windows, added some 3D foam squares and made a door.
Here's how I did it.
1. Die cut the frame,then turn the whole thing over with the pieces intact. Emboss the inner lines with a fine embossing tool - you'll "feel" the lines as you follow them.
2. These are the pieces from one window - you'll need an extra 2 squares from another die cut.
3. Attach the pieces as shown to a piece of white card measuring 7.5cm x 14cm using 3D foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by3L.
4. All arranged (I've inked the edges for definition).
5.The little door latch was made using 2 petals from one of the Petal Pair Petite punches with a brad in the centre.
6. Draw a line around the door as a guide and stamp up the background with the two brick corner stamps and the topiary tree stamp from the Country Cottage stamp set.
7. Attach the door to the background with the E-Z Runner (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)
I made the wreath with the Tonic Studios Simplicity Holly Leaf punch and added some ivy above the door from the Pick of the Bunch Window Basket die set.
I kept a long list of ideas using all the new dies and their "waste" when I was designing them so there will be plenty of inspiration coming ....think "chocolate", "oranges and lemons" etc. I'm sure you'll have plenty of ideas which I never imagined too so feel free to share!!