Ever since I got my Tonic Sudios Mini Trimmer a couple of weeks ago I've been chopping strips of paper and card at a great rate! I've always used a blade trimmer until now so I've been fascinated by the neat cutting and how narrow I can make the strips now......Then, when I had lots of little strips of paper in a pile in the kitchen, I thought.....I could make little quilled flowers with these!!
I'll show you how I made the card at the top of the post .
1. I printed out several of my Bedside Table digi images and coloured one of them with Promarkers.
I coloured and extra drawer front to decoupage. I added little details such as Glossy Accents on the vase and lamp, a gem for a drawer knob, glitter on the tissue box and beads hanging from the drawer
2. Using my super sharp Tonic Studios scissors I cut out the image.
3. I used the trimmer again to cut the mats for the card, choosing pale pink for behind the table to look like wallpaper.
4. Back to the trimmer....I marked pale paper at 3mm intervals and cut several for my roses.
5. The quilling strips
6. Using a small quilling tool I rolled up the strips and made the roses.
7. The quilling paper is turned at 90 degrees to form the petals.
After I adhered the roses I added little branches from the birdy punch (minus the bird!). I think I'll be using this little punch a lot one way or another. Check out where I first used it on my ROBIN card.
You might notice,too, that before I stuck the image to the pink paper, I made a slit in the top of the tissue box and popped in some tissue!
Alphabet Challenge ....Pretty Pastels
Craft Your Days Away ..make your own flowers
Craft your Passion ..something beginning with "F" (flowers)
The Pink Elephant ...vintage