Tuesday 8 September 2009

For Him


It seems like ages since I posted a card of my own! Things have been more hectic than usual with a family wedding,work,back to school for my sons etc. so I haven't even had time to make a card until now.
This one is for Sketch Saturday and also for Allsorts where this week's card is "something for the boys".
Well this time I've used the top half of my "Jonny" stamp from my Passion for Stamps range which you can find in the side bar.
The papers are Papermania/Jesse Edwards and I've used a Woodware leaf punch.

I thought the stamp was versatile enough to use either whole or just the top half...what do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Hi ruth!just saw this on DO crafts and commented.
    Love your take on the sketch and the way you've only used part of the stamp
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is wonderful...great papers and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth

    A fantastic male card with a great layout.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH very pretty card !!!
    Thanks your for your participation to my Sketch !!!
    Hugs COCO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth,
    great card, I find the guys so hard to make for, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, my son is so enjoying his new high school, hope he still enjoys it in six months time...lol, my cousin lives in N.Ireland, Dromore, Co. Down, she used to live in Moira, is this close to you? Nice to chat, shall pop back and see what you are up to!

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth. Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving me your lovely message. Your card is great, I always find male cards tricky but you've really captured this one so well. I love the papers you've chosen and the little details with the leaves and corners. Great stamp, he looks really contemporary. Your frame looks fab too. I wouldn't mind one of those myself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great man card. I love the partial use of the stamp and the lovely colours and papers you used. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Ruth,the frame and papers look fabulous!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an award for you on my blog. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for a man.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth